11/3/11

All About Amanda

I am the quintessential jack-of-all-trades. I enjoy doing many things, and always have my hands in many pies.The majority of my time now is spent as a stay-at-home-mom, working, loving and playing with my kids.  I am so grateful for the opportunity I have to spend time with them to watch them grow and teach them.  I have spent a lot of time in the past year working on becoming a better mother.  I have a really great group of friends that get together once a month like a book club and read articles on and discuss motherhood and how to be better mothers for our children. I have learned so much.  I love being a mom!  Some of my favorite things to do with my kids are things that I love to do anyway, and it warms my heart to see them learn.  We love to do crafts, read, cook, shop together (most of the time), garden, play games, listen to music, and have dance parties!  None of us are really great dancers, but we all pretend like we are.  I really like to be on the go, so we go on adventures quite often.  Some of our favorite adventure places include going on the train, going to the park, going on walks, bouncing down to the Kangaroo Zoo, or finding friends to play with.
 In my "spare" time I love to run, and play soccer. I have a friend I run with three times a week and my soccer team has been together for 8 years now and we still play every week.  I also love to play the piano, do photography, blog, organize, cook, decorate, do crafts, read, shop, travel, garden, go to events, eat, play games, and be with family and friends.  I love being a girl and doing girly things, but I also like sports and being active, and just scrubbin' it sometimes. I love life, and feel that it has much to offer if we will explore and accept it.  I love sharing that journey as a wife and mother with the people I love most.

Jared about Amanda
Amanda is my soul mate. She is a nurse by trade and shows those caring and loving characteristics in her daily life. Her intelligence in many areas of life has helped me to weigh options and decisions that we have had to make over the years. Her caring heart has helped me cope through disappointments and celebrated with me through triumphs. Her genuine goodness has not only blessed my life, but also touched the lives of many people that she associates with. I don’t know what I would do without her and am proud to call her my wife. She has blossomed even more as a wonderful mother to our kiddos. I love and adore her with all of my heart.

Amanda's Favorites
Favorite Food - Mashed potatoes, fruit, chocolate
Favorite Cereal - Kashi Go Lean Crunch, Lucky Charms
Favorite TV Shows - Parenthood, The Sing-Off, So You Think You Can Dance, Once Upon A Time
Favorite Music Artists - Adele, Cold Play, India.Arie, Alicia Keyes, One Republic, A Fine Frenzy, Bruno Mars, Josh Radin
Favorite Restaurant -  Sonora Grill, Bistro 258
Favorite Book - The Hunger Games Series, Jane Eyre, The Help